FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Onboard employee attention to a passenger friend -- When does it go too far?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:33 pm
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by porciuscato
...Now just as a thought experiment: imagine a 65 yo female FA who pays extra attention to her husband and gives him a peck on the cheek at one point. Would we even be talking about it?
Well, speaking as a 55 year old female, I do not think that is appropriate behavior for anyone in a professional environment when they are working.

However, if paying extra attention to one passenger and giving pecks on the cheek is part of the service - where does it end? Oh yes, I remember Virgin used to give massages in the air until there were other expectations for such "services".

Seriously, either FAs are professionals and deserve to be treated as such or it is a PDA free for all, and I for one would not choose to fly in such an environment. There is a time and a place for everything.

As I previously posted if I had experienced/witnessed the behavior and was upset I would not have started a thread on FT but I would contact United to let them know I expect better from their crew members.