FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelling with Lots of Estate Jewelry in Carry On
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:02 pm
Shannonrainyday

Originally Posted by profnot
I'm going to facing a similar problem. I was thinking about getting a fisherman's vest and putting the jewelry in the pockets and wearing it onboard. I'll probably safety pin the zippers shut from the inside.

You comments and suggestions are most welcome.
I ended up having no problems whatsoever on my trip. I placed the jewelry in a few plastic bags, transferred what I previously had in my purse to my backpack, and loaded up my purse with the jewelry. My purse was large and had multiple zippers on it. I was the only one going through security at the time, so I didn't have to worry about anyone having access to my purse after it went through the scanner. I even had to wait 10 minutes for someone to come man the security area... smallest airport I've ever been to! After security my purse never came off my shoulder and I had my hand on top of it the whole time.

If the vest looks to have some weight to it other traveler's may view as suspicious, a la suicide vest. The previous posters had some great advice!