FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointing CW experience.
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:55 am
williamn78

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
Well, unfortunately I am resurrecting this thread as I flew again on BA2270 last night and had a similarly disappointing experience. I will complain again to BA but I am posting here a) to vent and b) to get your thoughts on whether my complaints are warranted.

First I should note we were on a refitted 777 with the smaller CW cabin - just 4 rows.

Service was painfully slow to my mind on a TATL flight with a 6h30 flying time. After 50 mins from take off with no drinks I pressed the call button in order to get one. I waited 5 mins and then decided to go find someone. I bumped into the CSM in the aisle who tersely informed me they were coming - I mentioned that we had been in the air 50 minutes and this seemed like a long time. When she came by a little later with my drink she said 'it's actually only been 30 minutes since we could leave our seats'. No hint of an apology. Even 30 minutes to serve such a tiny cabin seems excessive. Anyway, I had a drink by 60 mins in, and my food order was taken at 65 minutes in.

Again, I intended to dine on board, and again we were given a sleeper service menu despite the fact that the flight is not advertised as such. I find this unacceptable. It is not a late flight, leaving at 19.50. What makes it worse it that is both a sleeper service (unadvertised) but also painfully slow. After 90 minutes my glass was again empty and only after an hour and forty minutes did my meal appear. It was almost inedible. There were only two options in the first place - I had gone for the salmon after experiencing the lasagne before (see first post). The salmon was dry and hard - really quite horrible. The custard tart tasted of nothing. To be honest WT food is usually better.

I slept ok with the new bedding (though I find the mattress topper a bit mystifying, how is it supposed to be deployed?) and the rest of the flight was uneventful. I just remain deeply annoyed at getting a service different to what was advertised and the very poor food. Personally I found the service very slow but I am not sure if I am being unreasonable in that.