FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 IROPS "IRROPS" - OSO, Weather, etc. Affecting AA Flyers (master thread)
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:17 pm
sddjd

Here's a question related to a paid F upgrade refund for a situation I've never experienced.

I was booked Friday on a 550a from ORF to CLT, then paid upgrade to F from CLT to SAN (incidentally arriving at 0940).

Thursday I tracked our inbound aircraft and confirmed its arrival in ORF late in the evening. Shortly later I received a notification that my 550a flight on that aircraft had been "delayed", coincidentally to the exact time of the next ORF-CLT flight that morning. Of course that delay blew my CLT-SAN connection.

AA subsequently automatically rebooked me on ORF-DFW at 1530 in F. However, my DFW-SAN was back in economy (full flight). To top it off I was caught in AA's flight crew scheduling software debacle which caused may flights out of DFW to have phantom/missing FA's and hence was delayed for almost eight hours, finally arriving into SAN after midnight.

Long story short, is it reasonable to request that AA refund half of my paid upgrade fee considering it only got me halfway across the states in the paid class?