FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Hotel in Tokyo & Kyoto with 2 kids
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:05 pm
Collierkr

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by nealsense
We are looking to travel to Tokyo and Kyoto for 8 days during Spring Break in 2019. It will be from end of March to the first week of April. We want to evaluate luxury hotels (like Four Seasons, Peninsula, Ritz, etc.). I started looking into Tokyo/Kyoto hotels for 2 adults and 2 kids (10&5). I have stayed at the Peninsula Tokyo in the past and it was solid but rooms were Ok. I hear great things about RC club-level. Also, do these hotels accommodate 4 people in a room? Right now I am seeing rates for RC or Four Seasons at $1400+/night.

Am I searching too early? When is the right time to search? If I were to go one option lower, which hotels should I look at in both Tokyo and Kyoto?

Thanks for your help!
Uh, what- you thought the rooms at the Peninsula Tokyo were just "okay"??? WOW- they must have put you in the smaller broom closet.
I thought the room was wonderful and the rest of the place just on par (with my expectations for that type of place).