FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian: Flight from ADD to DJI (stop in DIR)
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:41 am
Dan72

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by mahme
I will be arriving from an international flight, and did not intend to get an ethipian visa...

However, according to you, it seems I will need to get an ethipian visa in order to make that connection, is that the case?
No. There is no need for a visa. There is an airside transfer bus. I do the trip often and it's easy. You arrive in the main terminal (Terminal 2, if arriving from almost all international destinations) and follow the signs for Terminal 1. This will lead you to the far end of the transfer concourse, where you go down a flight of stairs and board a bus. It leaves every few minutes and takes only a few minutes to reach Terminal 1. Once you go into Terminal 1 you want to follow the signs for transfers (it's left before arrivals). You go up a flight of stairs and find yourself in the departure lounge. There is a basic ET *G lounge if you have star gold. There are also a couple of duty free stores, but they only accept cash in dollars. NB If you have a long connection you can stay in Terminal 2, before going to Terminal 1.