FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Which 777-200ER / "772"? J, MCE, PEY, 45J to 37J
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:32 am
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by kpfleming
Have you checked SeatGuru?
I don't think SeatGuru is reliable for distinguishing whether you get Zodiac or BAE on the refurbed 772s.

Originally Posted by allset2travel
I think you will be on the 777-200 with refurbished (new) seats in 1-2-1 config. There are 12 rows of seats in J-cabin. With a child, you might consider reserving D & H and the adjacent window seat (either A or L). Personally, I prefer rows 3 & 4 OR 9 & 10 (away from galley and toilets).
I think OP is aware that OP is getting a refurbed 772 but wants to know which of the various variants. And I think the answer is "check the tail number on flight radar otherwise you probably won't know for sure until AA.com updates the seat maps to indicate whether any seats are rear-facing about a day before check in," but I'm not 100% sure on that. Unfortunately, I think we have several threads on this forum dedicated to that topic, and I couldn't quickly figure out which threads corresponded to which question. (Much of the commentary in at least one of the threads, however, appears dedicated to whether the commentary in that thread belongs in that thread or another one!)

Calling JDiver to clarify/merge?