FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Would Hyatt Not Have A Towneplace Suites/Home2 Suites Rival
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:18 pm
purplenightskylovertv
formerly Will Stonehocker

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I've never understood why Hilton needs HW and H2 (not to mention ES, though I get that one). To me the HW mostly just seem dated so not sure why it would be considered higher tier than H2 anyway, but both HW and H2 offer studios and separate 1 bedroom options, correct?
There are Homewoods that offer a two-bedroom (the Asheville location from when I was 16 does not, sadly). And Homewoods are getting rennovated (even the Greensboro location from when I was a child). Home2 came out 20 years later as a mid-level extended-stay brand. Embassy on the other hand is nothing like Homewood or Home2. My dad should know because he was exposed to Embassy since the day it was born. And I never did Home2, but I saw images online and they look nice.

Here's the logic:

Jack DeBoer birthed the extended-stay brands. Residence Inn in 1975 (adopted by Marriott 12 years later), and Candlewood Suites around 1995/1996 (bought by IHG around early 2004). Residence Inn was the start of high-end brands, Candlewood Suites was the start of mid-level. Homewood, Home2, Hyatt House, Staybridge, Mainstay, Hawthorn (depending on where you are), and Towneplace are just rivals.

Embassy Suites has no rivals of its own-other than Marriott Suites when it comes to the two-room suite. My dad should know because he did both (this includes my step brothers).

And the only excuse why I'm bring my relatives up a lot is so the members can know what makes a hotel stay good or bad. If anyone thinks I'm bluffing, you're dead wrong.