Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Why Would Hyatt Not Have A Towneplace Suites/Home2 Suites Rival

Why Would Hyatt Not Have A Towneplace Suites/Home2 Suites Rival

Old Feb 23, 18, 9:35 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 388
Why Would Hyatt Not Have A Towneplace Suites/Home2 Suites Rival

Just to clarify, give me a reason why Hyatt is not trying to dip their toes into the mid-scale extended-stay market (you know, Towneplace Suites or Home2 Suites)...
Will Stonehocker is offline  
Old Feb 23, 18, 9:36 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 8,908
They do. It's called Hyatt House...
craigthemif is offline  
Old Feb 23, 18, 9:42 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 388
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
They do. It's called Hyatt House...
That's more on the level of Homewood Suites, Residence Inn, and Staybridge Suites. I'm talking about on the level of a Towneplace Suites, Home2 Suites, Candlewood Suites, and Mainstay Suites. Even though Towneplace Suites is my least favorite Marriott, at least from my experience.
Will Stonehocker is offline  
Old Feb 23, 18, 10:00 am
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: GVA (Greater Vancouver Area)
Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Posts: 50,039
Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker View Post
That's more on the level of Homewood Suites, Residence Inn, and Staybridge Suites. I'm talking about on the level of a Towneplace Suites, Home2 Suites, Candlewood Suites, and Mainstay Suites.
What's the diferrence? They all seem the same to me.

Hyatt is way too small to be able to get into every niche market, and would be committing corporate suicide if they tried.
mahasamatman is offline  
Old Feb 23, 18, 10:02 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 23,267
Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker View Post
That's more on the level of Homewood Suites, Residence Inn, and Staybridge Suites. I'm talking about on the level of a Towneplace Suites, Home2 Suites, Candlewood Suites, and Mainstay Suites. Even though Towneplace Suites is my least favorite Marriott, at least from my experience.
why doesnt Lotus, Porshe,Mazeratti have cars that sell between !5-25K? It will cheapen the brand and not what customer base they are interested in going after. Im surprised they did HH and HP. The same could be said about the old SPG, Kepenski , Omni.MO,FS etc etc
craz is offline  
Old Feb 24, 18, 1:20 am
  #6  
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Switzerland
Programs: Hyatt LGLO
Posts: 2,335
I agree

Hyatt House is their answer.
craigthemif likes this.
59Impala is online now  
Old Feb 24, 18, 6:19 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 758
Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
I agree

Hyatt House is their answer.
Definitely. HH is the answer here, embrace it
PortlySpartacus is offline  
Old Feb 24, 18, 12:35 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 388
Fine. Hyatt Place is a mix of a Courtyard/Garden Inn, Fairfield/Hampton, and Springhill/Embassy. Why do I say this? Hyatt Place is the least expensive Hyatt brand, the rooms are designed for company travel, and Hyatt Place does offer a free breakfast. Just wanted to put it out there.

Hyatt House...most locations (like the old Summerfields-this includes the one my dad and I stayed at when I was 15) are based off Homewood/Residence/Staybridge. I don't know of any that are inspired by Towneplace or Home2 (Candlewood Suites never had a free breakfast-but they have a pantry).
Will Stonehocker is offline  
Old Feb 24, 18, 1:27 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: SNA/LAX, PHL
Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Posts: 449
Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker View Post
Fine. Hyatt Place is a mix of a Courtyard/Garden Inn, Fairfield/Hampton, and Springhill/Embassy. Why do I say this? Hyatt Place is the least expensive Hyatt brand, the rooms are designed for company travel, and Hyatt Place does offer a free breakfast. Just wanted to put it out there.

Hyatt House...most locations (like the old Summerfields-this includes the one my dad and I stayed at when I was 15) are based off Homewood/Residence/Staybridge. I don't know of any that are inspired by Towneplace or Home2 (Candlewood Suites never had a free breakfast-but they have a pantry).
Based on my limited experience with Home2 I'd say Hyatt Place covers that segment as well.
moondog likes this.
jacobguo is offline  
Old Feb 24, 18, 4:21 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 792
Hyatt gets criticized on this forum but I perceive the answer to the OP’s question to be ‘because Hyatt is a more elevated corporate brand than most of its mainstream rivals.’ The ‘lowest’ you can go in the Hyatt family is Hyatt Place, which all have a bar and 24-hour food service and and. I know there are exceptions to this on a property-by-property basis with some of the other brands (such as Hyatt House and Hyatt) but the general narrative here is that Hyatt is a higher end brand than gasp! Marriott, Hilton etc. Those brands all reach as high as Hyatt but Hyatt doesn’t reach as low as them.
AirbusFan2B is offline  
Old Feb 25, 18, 3:26 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 8,908
I certainly can't recall another thread along the lines of "I wish Hyatt had some crappier hotels with worse service". (except maybe for the thread suggesting that Hyatt should merge with Club Carlson / Radisson. )
craigthemif is offline  
Old Feb 26, 18, 7:28 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: OZ D+
Posts: 8
First, OP is correct on that Hyatt Place and Hyatt House (Upscale) are in a different league with Home2 Suites or TownePlace suites (Upper midscale).

I'd say there's not much a good upper midscale-midscale brand to acquire for Hyatt anymore. La Quinta could be the one, but Wyndham bought it.
ITSTours is offline  
Old Jun 18, 18, 9:41 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 388
God-Damn Wyndham!
Will Stonehocker is offline  
Old Jun 20, 18, 1:03 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW
Programs: AS, BA, AA
Posts: 3,670
Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker View Post
Just to clarify, give me a reason why Hyatt is not trying to dip their toes into the mid-scale extended-stay market (you know, Towneplace Suites or Home2 Suites)...
Because this is their footprint in Europe and they need to fix that before they branch into lower sub-niches of the domestic extended stay market.
Dianne47 likes this.
janetdoe is offline  
Old Jun 20, 18, 1:23 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,260
Originally Posted by ITSTours View Post
First, OP is correct on that Hyatt Place and Hyatt House (Upscale) are in a different league with Home2 Suites or TownePlace suites (Upper midscale).

I'd say there's not much a good upper midscale-midscale brand to acquire for Hyatt anymore. La Quinta could be the one, but Wyndham bought it.
Apparently LQ went down-scale (I thought they were pretty nice years ago, but now they are pretty junky).

I cannot figure out the difference between RI and TP. RI has bigger rooms? They both have a full kitchen.
HH doesn't actually have a full kitchen in the same way (RI has an oven).
I do prefer HH's breakfast, with their omelettes (if you have time).
I thought HP were the junkiest things available. Horrible service, if you come to check-in at night cause they have one person working everything. At least at other non-full-service places the front desk clerk can focus on checking people in, not doing food as well.
s0ssos is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: