FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How crazy to get with a CDG connection?
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:51 pm
nearlysober

Programs: Alaska Airlines
How crazy to get with a CDG connection?

I've only connected through CDG once, and I remember it being a confusing an terrible airport

I currently am scheduled to arrive at CDG at 12:55 on FI - arriving at Terminal 1.
I will be in the front of the plane (row 2), traveling solo and with no checked bags.

Currently on a separate itinerary I have a AF flight departing for LHR at 16:00 out of Terminal 2E (not sure which hall, 2E appears to be half the airport).
That gives me about a 2.5 hour connection before boarding. Not worried about that connection.

I was thinking of taking a gamble and booking a BA flight from CDG to LHR departing at 14:10 out of either 2A or 2C (can't tell).
Assuming I arrive on time, get off the plane quickly... that gives me approximately 50 minutes to connect before they close the gate.

Is it even within the realm of possibility to connect between Terminal 1 to Terminal 2A/C in 50 minutes for a solo traveling with only a carry-on bag?

I would be keeping the AF ticket as a backup, as I scored it very cheap and its non-refundable anyway. So, no risk in being stranded if I miss the BA flight.
I'm just gambling the extra fare (USD $140) which I won't really be able to recoup due to change fees if I miss the flight.

It'd get me into the city 2 hours earlier (given my limited time to visit family on this trip, worth the cost to me) - but if its just not even realistically possible, I don't want to throw money away