FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss lost my checked items, but is denying any compensation without receipts
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:49 am
midnightmartini

Swiss lost my checked items, but is denying any compensation without receipts

Hi everyone

I was flying paid Swiss business class. They broke my checked bag, and now items within the bag are missing. They have admitted they can't find my items, and have asked me for receipts to prove my ownership. While they were costly Italian designer clothing, I don't keep receipts for my own clothes. I suspect most people don't keep receipts for anything in their luggages!

This is their response:
In respects to your claim, as we have received no supporting documentation on the lost items as given in the inventory, we cannot propose settlement for the reported losses.

We must therefore decline your claim.

If at any point you are able to supply documentation as requested, we will reconsider your claim. As sated we will consider credit card statements indicating purchases or duplicate receipts.

Thank you for your understanding.

Can anyone assist? I'm in shock that you can pay thousands of dollars to fly with Swiss, who feels they have no responsibility to compensate for their mishandling errors/baggage thefts. This is terrible service and they haven't even tried to make any accommodations for my loss that they caused.