FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:47 pm
FleyeSkyHigh

Originally Posted by ashbjr
I am going to correct myself here. The staff member mentioned A350's but I might have thought they were all -1000's because I thought only the -1000's were being fitted with Qsuites. So it may be that both flights will be operated by A350-900s (or A350-1000's) with Qsuites. The more important point being that from October, both JFK flights will have Qsuites. Apologies if I caused confusion.
So based on new schedule/equipment changes it looks like starting 10/28 that QR701/702 between JFK and DOH are changing from 77W with Qsuites to 351 with Qsuites. The bad news is that the other flights between JFK/DOH QR703/QR704 will remain as 359 without Qsuites at least as the schedule reads right now. It appears the one daily LHR/DOH each way and two daily FRA/DOH each way flights lose the 351 at this same time which makes sense as the A350-1000 was designed to fly longer hauls more efficiently that the six hours or so that I figure they were testing/breaking them in on such short routes.

Also, it looks like a new Qatar A350-1041 (A7-ANC / F-WZGM) took it's first test flight yesterday and an A350-941 with Qsuites (A7-AME / F-WZGF) took it's second test flight. Assuming all goes well that would mean two additional A350s with Qsuites would come on line my mid-Sept. It does not appear to me that those have been reflected in any of the recent schedule/equipment changes but I didn't check all the potential routes. So perhaps there is hope that by mid-Sept that JFK could all be Qsuites (although I am not holding my breath!).