FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The pathetic WiFi connection in the SkyClub
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:31 pm
manacit

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
While that speed isn't great, as long as latency and jitter are low, it should be fine for pretty much anything you or anyone else would need to do on someone else's network.

I'd echo an earlier poster that there's likely something wrong (with your client or an AP/controller) due to the speed imbalance. It's possible that your client is misbehaving and is "sticking" to an AP with a lower signal strength (though I would expect 802.11r to fix that), that there's a misconfigured AP that you're being sent to, or that there's some sort of upstream connectivity and it actually has nothing to do with you and the AP. With just a speedtest, it's all going to be speculation.

Enterprise wireless with the density of a SC is a pretty precise and sometimes difficult job. While your office might see more people on a day (which, given how many people are packed into a DTW SC I would question), the variability in client and load is probably much lower, which makes it much more predictable from the perspective of a network engineer.

Generally I am very pleased with SC wifi - only on occasion does it feel slow or overloaded, and that's usually at peak JFK afternoons when I also can barely find a seat.

Last edited by manacit; Aug 1, 2018 at 4:39 pm