FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-revenue / nonrev / NRSA travel issues (terms conditions, etc.) (consolidated)
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:12 am
Always Flyin

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by doub01
How do some non-rev passengers become D1T from an international departure? I get that "T" is through but if you leave from an international departure how can they become through? For example, I've seen multiple D1T on ICN-DFW route. Any explanation would be appreciated.
Here is how it was explained to me. There are two ways to up your status to D1/2/3T at an international out-station.

First, don't clear the first flight on which you were booked as a non-rev. When you are rolled-over to the next flight, you are upped to "T" status.

Second, connect on a separate ticket and show the boarding pass. The agent will alter your status to "T".

A lot of games being played.

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
People do connect at airports such as ICN
Yes, but that vaguely avoids the question. There is no AA to AA metal connection.

Originally Posted by Antarius
You can connect at ICN.

I flew CGK-ICN-DFW last year as a revenue pax. Booked through AA on 001 stock but the CGK-ICN leg was on Korean Air.
This is about AA non-rev travel. An AA non-rev ticket cannot be combined with a ZED ticket on another carrier. Separate PNRs. Has nothing to do with what you can book as a separate PNR as a revenue passenger.