FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Guarantee - Walked from Hotel & Unable to Get New Booking - Slept in Car
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:14 pm
kctigers

Programs: delta,southwest--companion pass,hilton---diamond,marriott---gold,choice
Originally Posted by catocony
Dulci, keep in mind, the front desk at any hotel is not paid on commission. They don't care how much anyone pays, or quite frankly, if any particular person stays at the hotel or not. They don't keep separate ledgers, everything is done via the accounting system which is part of the master reservation system. After your call to the front desk, if you make a reservation via them, you can go on-line immediately and see the reservation. There isn't a separate system. It's not done on paper, in a ledger. It's all done using the exact same reservation system you use when you call in or login via the website.

I'm not sure you understand this.

you are totally wrong about this, one time during the college world series 5-10 years ago, omaha, nebraska, it is in june when the rooms downtown can be more than new york city or moscow, or some other big major world city, i was at the courtyard in la vista suburb about 20 miles outside of town it is attached to an embassy suites, both john q. hammons properties, i was going down to pay for my night or change credit cards or something at the front desk and the girl said your rate is $59.00 dollars that is not enough, etc... i then got into an argument with her and said my rate is none of her business, the manager was called etc...etc.....