FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Guarantee - Walked from Hotel & Unable to Get New Booking - Slept in Car
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:49 am
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by jjmoore
I support this 100%.... though for the Platinum member(s) impacted, I would recommend working directly through marriott for the $100 + 90,000 points compensation, as I believe this is far superior than any judgement that will be awarded through the court system. All others, I would contact Marriott for some sort of compensation first prior to taking legal action, as many times, they will compensate well, especially since this was a fairly high profile instance of an IT issue resulting in blatant oversale of the property.

Regardless of who is at fault, Marriott needs to compensate all of those that were impacted, as this was HUGELY disruptive to those people. I know how much it stinks to be without a hotel with no option for 50 miles (due to ice storm / power outages in the midwest on another occasion)... and to have that be the fault of the hotel that couldn't accommodate me, I would be seeking my compensation through whatever means legally possible.
Frankly I believe that there is more to this story Meg posted than meets the eye. She has had questionable post before IMO