FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Guarantee - Walked from Hotel & Unable to Get New Booking - Slept in Car
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:59 am
dulciusexasperis
Suspended

Originally Posted by jjmoore
Just checked back into the Tracy Fairfield Inn a bit ago... had an informative conversation with the receptionist, who was the same person that dealt with the situation last Tuesday. Apparently, there were approximately 10 people turned away that night in addition to @pooker ... interestingly, the receptionist told me that even though the hotel was full, the Marriott website continued to show unlimited availability, and there was nobody on the Marriott corporate end at that hour to answer the line and rectify the issue in the Marriott booking system. The receptionist told me that calls were made quickly to those that were booking that evening warning them to not show up to the hotel because there were no rooms actually available.

I was at the hotel the night this happened, but checked in early and had no idea what was going on.

With all the IT issues Marriott has had throughout the years, this wouldn't surprise me one bit... though I take this with a grain of salt because this is strictly the hotel's side of the story. But the fact that they had to physically deny several others at the desk leads me to believe that this was a Marriott IT issue...... this is my gut speaking here.

I hope MR compensates all those that were impacted. There were people that likely drove a long way to get to Tracy for a hotel since literally everything within a 40 mile radius was sold out.
Well that should put paid to anyone still trying to say it was the hotel's fault. It should also indicate to anyone that at the end of the day, the only one who knows if a room is available or not, is the hotel. Grain of salt notwithstanding, having to walk multiple people certainly points the finger at Marriott IT as you suggest.