FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Basic Economy - Discussion, Q&A, ... {Archive}
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:34 pm
krazykanuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
And ya gotta love how the market is working - googleflights now provides accurate information about the real "price" of these fares, and consumers choose to buy elsewhere. (If you select, "Overhead bin access included," UA and AA will drop below DL, AS, and B6 in the search results, because their BE fares will be excluded.)
Indeed - gotta love the market vs. these morons that make decisions in their silo. While I liked DL's implementation of BE as a non-elite, now that I have status I find myself checking seat maps more curiously to see if its worth paying for Main Cabin based off my chance for a decent upgrade (and no, C+ is not an upgrade in my book) or just stay in Basic. Being Houston based I spend more time on 2-2 Delta Connection flights than anything else so Basic really doesn't deprive me of much. I can buy DL drink chits for much less money than the fare delta between Basic and Main and chance the upgrade.