FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delay problems of AY69 / AY99 HEL-HKG
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:24 pm
skba1

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Originally Posted by ffay005
Skba1, sorry to hear that you are affected, and against your own will, too. AY99 is notorious.

I would urge you to continue fighting AY for that previous EC261 compensation. And certainly file a claim for today's delay, too. They seem to be a bit better in handling the claims than they used to. And I believe they will pay your Hilton stay, too. If you are travelling in J, they would most likely have put you up at the Hilton anyway. Ask the receptionist in the morning if he can bill AY directly. They must have their own AY contacts (I'd assume a great deal of their customers are AY irrops).
I am a pretty regular traveller on AY99 (probably 10 flights on it over the past year), but it has been significantly worse recently. My last 3 trips are now 7+, 3+, 1+ hrs delays. Flying AF today was meant to be one way of moving away from AY (I am not renewing Plat this time as I have started to avoid their flights), but it was not very successful...

I will go back to my 2016 claim after filing for last month's and this upcoming one tomorrow. Is the best course to use the public form on the website? [At SK and BA which I have most of my claims with there are better options by email directly to GGL team or Diamond support]

I would expect them to reimburse the hotel without too much trouble; I already spoke with front desk when checking in and they can't bill AY without the vouchers or similar that you get from arrival services. However i really question how an airline at its main hub can lack priority handling for luggage and rebooking queries? The Swissport machine at HEL prioritises for SK IIRC!!!