FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When do Concierge upgrades kick in ?
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:29 am
mccartje

Originally Posted by Danash
My anniversary date is Nov 28 like most people. I am Concierge and have used my four upgrades very successfully on ORD and LAX for this year. I will requalify for Concierge again next week and have three more TA flights in the coming months. Will the 'new' upgrades credit on qualification or will they credit only on the Nov anniversary ? I would really like to use the upgrades on September and October flights.

Any guidance appreciated.
This is the text from EI
"Enjoy four complimentary upgrades per anniversary year to business class on a transatlantic flight.
First book your economy flights and then request your Concierge upgrade by emailing or calling your dedicated helpline, on the back of your card, with your flight details. Upgrades are subject to AerClub allocation availability.
If you move up to Concierge before your next anniversary date, you can avail of four complimentary upgrades to be used in advance of your tier expiry date. Your complimentary upgrades are not available on reward flights. If unused, upgrades will expire on your tier expiry date"

The first sentence would suggest it is only the 4 per anniversary year but the final sentence of if you 'move up' before your anniversary date you can avail of the 4 comp upgrades is interesting. Obviously as you are already Concierge you are not moving up but maybe you could ring and ask does it also apply to re-qualifying for concierge before your anniversary date also.