When do Concierge upgrades kick in ?

Old Jul 25, 18, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
When do Concierge upgrades kick in ?

My anniversary date is Nov 28 like most people. I am Concierge and have used my four upgrades very successfully on ORD and LAX for this year. I will requalify for Concierge again next week and have three more TA flights in the coming months. Will the 'new' upgrades credit on qualification or will they credit only on the Nov anniversary ? I would really like to use the upgrades on September and October flights.

Any guidance appreciated.
Old Jul 25, 18, 6:29 am

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Danash View Post
My anniversary date is Nov 28 like most people. I am Concierge and have used my four upgrades very successfully on ORD and LAX for this year. I will requalify for Concierge again next week and have three more TA flights in the coming months. Will the 'new' upgrades credit on qualification or will they credit only on the Nov anniversary ? I would really like to use the upgrades on September and October flights.

Any guidance appreciated.
This is the text from EI
"Enjoy four complimentary upgrades per anniversary year to business class on a transatlantic flight.
First book your economy flights and then request your Concierge upgrade by emailing or calling your dedicated helpline, on the back of your card, with your flight details. Upgrades are subject to AerClub allocation availability.
If you move up to Concierge before your next anniversary date, you can avail of four complimentary upgrades to be used in advance of your tier expiry date. Your complimentary upgrades are not available on reward flights. If unused, upgrades will expire on your tier expiry date"

The first sentence would suggest it is only the 4 per anniversary year but the final sentence of if you 'move up' before your anniversary date you can avail of the 4 comp upgrades is interesting. Obviously as you are already Concierge you are not moving up but maybe you could ring and ask does it also apply to re-qualifying for concierge before your anniversary date also.
Old Jul 25, 18, 7:54 am

Programs: Gold Circle
My renewal date is 01 August (with all upgrades used for last period) and I requalified during May - I have contacted Aer Lingus and upgraded flights for later this year so yes, once you are requalified you can start on the next 4.
Old Jul 26, 18, 4:26 am

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by highflyer66 View Post
My renewal date is 01 August (with all upgrades used for last period) and I requalified during May - I have contacted Aer Lingus and upgraded flights for later this year so yes, once you are requalified you can start on the next 4.
But is it just 4 that you get in total? From May this year to Aug next year, do you just get 4 in total?
Old Jul 26, 18, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mccartje View Post
This is the text from EI
"Enjoy four complimentary upgrades per anniversary year to business class on a transatlantic flight.
First book your economy flights and then request your Concierge upgrade by emailing or calling your dedicated helpline, on the back of your card, with your flight details. Upgrades are subject to AerClub allocation availability.
If you move up to Concierge before your next anniversary date, you can avail of four complimentary upgrades to be used in advance of your tier expiry date. Your complimentary upgrades are not available on reward flights. If unused, upgrades will expire on your tier expiry date"

The first sentence would suggest it is only the 4 per anniversary year but the final sentence of if you 'move up' before your anniversary date you can avail of the 4 comp upgrades is interesting. Obviously as you are already Concierge you are not moving up but maybe you could ring and ask does it also apply to re-qualifying for concierge before your anniversary date also.
The reason I put the post up was the lady on the Concierge desk told me I had to wait until Nov. I would expect that requaligying mid year should reset the qualification date and award Concierge for 18 months. I'll try call and get another agent.
Old Aug 20, 18, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Just to close this out - the upgrades go straight in on qualification. I used one on a TA last week.

Search this Thread