FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA 737 MAX 8 SSW / 7M8 aircraft in service Nov 2017 (discussion)
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:27 pm
daron4000

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Finally had the chance to try the plane out on an LGA-MIA in F. As expected it's total crap - the legroom feels as tight as the US A321s and I can no longer sit with one leg crossed without that foot touching seat in front (unlike what is possible with the current setup in F on 738).

Bulkhead pitch in row 1 (fka row 3) looks truly terrible - this was 2 days after a pretty roomy flight in 3A on a 738 from ORD-LGA so I feel like I was able to have a pretty good visual cue. Now this looks like the row to avoid, if it wasn't already.

Cocktail table feels really poorly designed, especially after not being used to sharing with the neighbor. In the past I could fit the nut ramekin and a glass of wine on my individual cocktail table but there is no longer enough space for 2 glasses each for 2 people on the shared space.

And lastly, there's a horrible bar in the lower portion of the backrest that becomes especially noticeable when you recline. Can solve in part by using the blanket as a cushion between the seat and the backrest but it's still pretty bad. Not sure why they had to get rid of the existing F seats since they are pretty comfortable and well thought out.

Wrote in and complained - unfortunately the complaint got lumped in with the 5 hour delay on the return but they did acknowledge I didn't like the seat and I got 15K miles out of both.