FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking 2 rooms
Thread: Booking 2 rooms
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:56 am
whimsey21

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I travel with my family and book 2 rooms quite
often- in fact I’m on a trip right now with 2 rooms booked at 5 different Hilton properties in different cities across Europe. Since my kids really like hotel breakfasts, I always contact the property in advance to ask if they’ll extend my diamond benefits to both rooms. I have been told “no” several times, including by one of the properties we were considering on this trip (we booked a different one in the same city where they did give us all breakfast). To add insult to injury, I pointed out to the hotel that refused us the second set of breakfasts that my wife has gold status and I could put her in the second room, but they said that I needed to book the room in her name directly or they wouldn’t honor her status at all. At 2 of the properties at which I stayed this week and last, there was a charge for the kids’ breakfast on the bill at checkout. In both cases I explained that I had asked in advance and been told it would be comped
via my status, and they then waived the charge. I usually email them about breakfast if possible, so I have written proof- I haven’t neeed it on this trip so far, but have needed to show it to desk staffers at checkout in the past.