Booking 2 rooms

Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Booking 2 rooms

If you book 2 rooms on one booking for one night do they treat it as 2 stays or 2 nights or one stay one night ?
if you are gold do you get all get a free breakfast ?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Beano
If you book 2 rooms on one booking for one night do they treat it as 2 stays or 2 nights or one stay one night ?
Hi,

It will be 1 stay 1 night. However you should get HH points for both rooms.

Last year as a gold I got breakfast for both rooms ( this year it has been irrelevant as i had booked an executive level room for both rooms) when travelling with my mother.. I think technically you get breakfast for yourself and 1 other.

Regards
TBS
Beano likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You and one guest get breakfast.

Individual hotels can be more generous.
Beano likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Points and Stay Credit.
From the terms and conditions:
5. A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (20%, 80% or 100%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through double or triple Base Point promotions, will apply to the total Base Point credit earned for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including Hilton Honors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses (e.g. promotional miles), Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only. For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member will receive stay and night credit for one room only.
Gold Breakfast.
From the terms and conditions:
Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts
Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
  • 1,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay or a daily complimentary continental breakfast in the hotel's designated restaurant for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay7
Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™ and Tapestry Collection by Hilton™
  • Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
  • 1,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay

Hilton Garden Inn™
  • 750 Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary Hot Cooked-to-Order Breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
Beano likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:40 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Beano
As stated above, it's 1 stay and 1 night. In my experience over 19 years, we have always got the free breakfast for 2 rooms. Not entitled to it, but we've always got it.
Beano likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
I have normally received the breakfast for both rooms and depending on the individual hotel I have received upgrades for both rooms.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I travel with my family and book 2 rooms quite
often- in fact I’m on a trip right now with 2 rooms booked at 5 different Hilton properties in different cities across Europe. Since my kids really like hotel breakfasts, I always contact the property in advance to ask if they’ll extend my diamond benefits to both rooms. I have been told “no” several times, including by one of the properties we were considering on this trip (we booked a different one in the same city where they did give us all breakfast). To add insult to injury, I pointed out to the hotel that refused us the second set of breakfasts that my wife has gold status and I could put her in the second room, but they said that I needed to book the room in her name directly or they wouldn’t honor her status at all. At 2 of the properties at which I stayed this week and last, there was a charge for the kids’ breakfast on the bill at checkout. In both cases I explained that I had asked in advance and been told it would be comped
via my status, and they then waived the charge. I usually email them about breakfast if possible, so I have written proof- I haven’t neeed it on this trip so far, but have needed to show it to desk staffers at checkout in the past.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by whimsey21
I travel with my family and book 2 rooms quite
often- in fact I’m on a trip right now with 2 rooms booked at 5 different Hilton properties in different cities across Europe. Since my kids really like hotel breakfasts, I always contact the property in advance to ask if they’ll extend my diamond benefits to both rooms. I have been told “no” several times, including by one of the properties we were considering on this trip (we booked a different one in the same city where they did give us all breakfast). To add insult to injury, I pointed out to the hotel that refused us the second set of breakfasts that my wife has gold status and I could put her in the second room, but they said that I needed to book the room in her name directly or they wouldn’t honor her status at all. At 2 of the properties at which I stayed this week and last, there was a charge for the kids’ breakfast on the bill at checkout. In both cases I explained that I had asked in advance and been told it would be comped
via my status, and they then waived the charge. I usually email them about breakfast if possible, so I have written proof- I haven’t neeed it on this trip so far, but have needed to show it to desk staffers at checkout in the past.
are there certain hotels in certain countries that are better or worse than others ?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:03 pm

How points will go on my situation:

I need 2 rooms but other room is for 4 nights and other is for 3 nights (3 night room is checking-in one day later than other, leaving at the same day).
Is my only option to make two different reservations? I`am in the room that checks in one day later than other so do I get points from both rooms even if they are different length of stays and different reservations, but under my name? Can hotel put them in the same folio when I arrive?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.