FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best FC seats
Thread: Best FC seats
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2003, 10:31 pm
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist

737: Two rows, 2 & 2. Avoid row 1 on A/B side as there is no bulkhead so people step on you while boarding and you get to listen to the FA's talk about the schedules they're bidding on or flying. Best is row 2, either side.

A320/319: Three rows, 2 & 2. Front row is nice in my opinion if you like bulkhead seats. No cut outs for feet, though. Row 2 is best on long-hauls as for meal orders the FA's frequently switch between starting in the front or back depending upon whether they're going East or West. I can never remember which is which, but if you're in Row 2, you're pretty much assured of getting what you want. I don't think there is much of a difference between rows 2 & 3. There's not much under-seat storage in the seats on these planes.

757: Four rows on A/B side, three rows on the C/D side. 2 & 2. Bulkheads are particularly crowded, unless you get one of the planes that have a cut out on the C/D side, then it's the best seat in the cabin, IMO. I don't know what percentage have them. Generally speaking, these seats are more cramped than the 320/319's, so I always prefer to fly those if going to the right coast.

All, though, are better than the alternative.