FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Jul 21, 2018, 5:35 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Explore SE Asia
I plan on using a 7 night certificate for a Bangkok hotel (Category 1-5). Unlike many contributers to this thread, I am only silver. Therefore, I do not expect an upgraded room nor lounge access.

Given my lowly status, do you have any recommendations?

PS I have visited Bangkok, but have never stayed at a Marriott in the city.
This is a complicated question right now because of the uncertainty about what will happen post merger. If your stay is pre-Aug there is little difference between the service at the JW, Ren, Soi 57 and Marquis. If your stay is post-Aug the St Regis will be Cat 5 and likely your best choice. The issue is the Starwood Lurker is advising people to choose hotels now if you are using a TP cert because there may be some funkiness in how already issued certs can be used in the future. I would choose a hotel now and plan to change to the StR after the merger if you are allowed, but I would definitely have something acceptable booked. See the most recent posts on the first sticky in the Starwood forum for a more complete discussion about the TP conversion issue.

The Wiki on this thread will give you bare bones descriptions of the hotels and may help you decide what works best for you. All are good hotels but each has something where it is better than the others. It really depends on your personal preferences; do you want to be closer to the BTS, do you want a quieter hotel, do you want the nicer bathroom in the room, etc?