FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - paid J miles, first segment in Y, no priority?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:27 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by saaveraward
I accepted a Y seat, not a question mark of ancillary services where a qualified AAgent has no idea what I'm entitled to.

Guess we will see what of the below I will get:
-priority screening
-priority boarding
-priority check in
-priority bag tag
-outbound lounge access
You accepted to travel in economy for the 1st sector. Of the listed items, you can use the business class check in , should get priority luggage hanfling and lounge access ( if there is a lounge )

Itmes such as priority screening and boarding are not due before the economy flight and you need to allow accordingly. Regardless , since you have bags to check in, you need to be at the airport early enough so as to have bags checked in by 45 minutes before departure regardless of class of servuce , so basing arrival time on length of time to get through screening would not be a good choice

As far as "charging for a full itinerary" - the award price for just the international sector would have been exactly the same as including the domestic sector , so could just as reasonably put it that the domestic sector was free