FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minor: Rejected for LAX Flagship Lounge Access
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:26 pm
enpremiere

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by b.xiao
I'm a newly minted CX DM and just had a really upsetting experience with LAX Flagship L Access. I just got off LAX-MIA-DCA and it bugs me how the LAX lounge agent denied me access very rudely (said I am not 18/21+) and yelled at me for asking for a voucher in equivalent. I don't know if it is a standard rule to give out equivalents if denied entry due to age (CX did give me vouchers @ SFO since I cannot access BA Galleries due to age, and BA did give it to me @ JFK as well - maybe just kinda gesture?), but if not, is it discrimination against minors (while I totally understand the legal implications, but no alternative offered, denied straight out)? Tell me what you think. (maybe I got lucky but in the past 10+ visits to FL dining and FL lounge JFK/LAX and AC @ DCA/BOS I had no problem w/ this)
From https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...conditions.jsp

Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and hold a same-day ticket for airline travel that allows clearance through security and access to the Admirals Club lounge or Partner Lounge.

So you're not 18 and you're traveling alone, you would not be eligible for access unless accompanied by someone 18 or older.

This has nothing to do with the "Must be 21 years of age to consume alcohol." clause