FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New (beta.)united.com layout -now standard site ("Classic View" returns) [2018]
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:31 am
RobOnLI
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
This homepage just became horribly frustrating for me. You can no longer enter an airport code and 'move on'. You now must enter an airport code and manually select the airport from the drop down list, even if it's the only airport in the list. ...!! This enrages me.

Type LGA and ORD. Click "Search" and you will get red text under both saying "Please enter a valid destination". The old site correctly tried to search by whatever airport codes you entered and only then would it complain that an airport didn't exist if you entered the wrong data.

Oh, by the way, it still works this way on the very old web pages that come up after the home page. Do a valid search and get the flight search results page. Feel free to change the airport codes at the top of the page to whatever you want. There's no validation done when you type them in.

United, fix this absurd airport code check before clicking the 'Find Flights' button please.

PS - this seems to happen about 90% of the time. 10% of the time when I click tab after entering an airport code it automatically chooses the airport for me and fills in the field. This requires you to hit tab TWICE before moving on now. That's also a bug but I can live with that one. No idea why 90% of the time it fails.

-RM