FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:14 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by headinclouds
2 weeks to go and I'm still confused about the combining/merging of accounts. The emails from SPG/MR are still vague in my opinion. And the posts in this thread are not consistent since there does not seem to be any real information.
I have a MR account (80K points) and an SPG account (127K). Will I get a new account on 1-Aug with 80K + 127*3 K points? Will the accounts remain separate until the end of the year? If accounts remain separate, what happens?
First: When you combine your accounts all your points will show on the combined account and you will have one account although legacy elite qualifications for each program should show separately as well as your combined totals.

But more importantly...

Second: Let others be pioneers who combine their accounts and report back to the rest of us about how it goes. Why rush? There is no prize for being an early adopter. My plan is to use a microwave popcorn test. You know how you wait until the kernels stop popping before you shut the microwave and eat the popcorn? When people stop posting about issues when combining I will know it is time to combine my accounts. We will have months to combine our accounts. Unless you get a higher status by combining, just sit back, relax and wait.