FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfering points to satisfy a reward not allowed if you have enough points already?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:26 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tth6133
SPG/Marriott transfers may not be instantaneous anymore. Advised a friend to do the same thing this morning, but points were deducted from her SPG account right away but still haven't showed up in her Marriott account.
Correct. I discovered this almost 2 months ago. It often takes an overnight or more before the balance changed to reflect the transfer. Although if you go to Activity, use ALL to see the activities, you can see the line entry there - but the display short with using ALL, would not display it, and the balance definitely does not reflect it - that means you could not use it until the balance reflects it.

SPG internal transfer is a hit or miss for how long it takes. I have done 2 in past 4 weeks. The first one I had to call to follow up on business day no.4 and was told to wait till tomorrow if still not showed up then called again. The second one was done last week, it just took 2 business days to show up in my account. Both were done at the beginning of a week.

Hence if the OP needs the go around, he needs to act asap to account for the delays on both programs.