FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dusseldorf {DEU}
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:34 am
Delectatio

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by Sisosig
A month after your comments, the AC in the executive lounge is still broken. They probably need a very special part from a manufacturer that went out of business. The lounge felt like a sauna - however without the sweet smell of lavender and eucalyptus oils.

Yet many people didn't seem to care as the lounge was crowded at coctail hour. While I had a room next to the EL and it was perfectly cool. No reason for complaints at 62 euros a night. They even sent a weekend supply of seasonal fruit to my room because of a negligible issue I had, that was taken care of within five minutes.

Instead of the dreadful instant coffee saschets, the room now had a Nespresso-style coffeemaker (but of a different system by Lavazza).
We just checked out today from another 2 nights in the Hilton Dusseldorf (we must have been in the executive lounge at the same time). It was indeed again unbearably hot in there (many people were complaining). The fans didn't help much, even though they installed blinds in front of the windows but to no avail... at least the bedroom was cool enough. Strange that they don't do anything about this problem (which exists for a long time). It can't be that hard to install a proper AC in there.