Old Jul 14, 18, 4:04 pm
zippy the pinhead

Visiting Colleges & Unis Around PHL/EWR/JFK

I'm planning to take my oldest to visit some college/uni campuses in March 2019. Tentatively we're thinking U Penn, Princeton, and West Point, but that could change. We can afford five or six days for the whole deal, including travel from/to the Los Angeles area.

I've never visited the area so I am going off what I have read and watched, but it is my understanding that there isn't a whole lot to do in Princeton after seeing the campus, so I was thinking to try and arrange things to maximize free time in Philadelphia and/or the NYC area.

It would appear that it is theoretically possible to train it, either from U Penn/Philadelphia to Princeton, and then from Princeton to NYC, or in reverse, but I don't have a problem renting a car if necessary. It looks like West Point pretty much requires a car rental.

From what I see right now, I'm not sure there is a wise direction of travel-- start in PHL or start around NYC-- but what do I know?

So what I'm wondering is, is it realistic to train it, or is it like CA, where you pretty much need a car? Any insight you care to share would be appreciated.