Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Visiting Colleges & Unis Around PHL/EWR/JFK

Visiting Colleges & Unis Around PHL/EWR/JFK

Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:26 am

I love this thread, thanks for the updates. We need to do a similar loop, probably this summer, and while New England looks small on the map your route planning opened my eyes that we can’t just fly to New York and start wandering around

Best of luck to your son, I’m sure he will find a good fit.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Thinking back over the week, there was another insight we gained from the trip, which touches on a very practical issue: housing and transportation. I'll admit, I hadn't really thought much about how that plays out once a person enrolls somewhere, and this seems to be an item that doesn't get detailed coverage in many "welcome to Big U., visitors" presentations, so we made a point of asking for details at each school. Both of my son's friends (one at Princeton, one at U Penn) are able to get by without a car, and can obtain on-campus (or near-campus) housing for their entire time as undergraduates. This is not feasible at every campus; for example, it was explained to us that Cornell doesn't guarantee housing for junior and senior undergraduates, so it is possible housing, transportation, and related costs could rise sharply for a student there as they complete their undergraduate studies.

Thanks again, this thread played a significant role in shaping our plans, hope it will be of use to others down the road.
Hoyaheel likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.