FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP DESK: Earning Elite Qualifying EQD, EQM, EQS & Award / RDM AA, Partners
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:35 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by fanger
Suppose you book a British Airways Premium Economy ticket, all BA numbers on BA stock, from, for instance, SFO-LAX-LHR-MAD. SFO-LAX is of course operated by AA and in regular economy, typically. Similarly, LHR-MAD is in this case IB Economy. Whatever the specific code is for AA and IB, it is not T or E. I assume each of these segments will receive EQM/EQD based on the BA chart and wwhatever code is displayed? For instance, if SFO-LAX is coded as BA (B), then it will also receive 20% EQD, but only 1.0 EQM/mile. If the LHR-MAD flight is coded BA (K), it will only receive 10% EQD and 0.5 EQM/mile.

Can anyone report their experiences on this? I have some flights booked later in the year, but I think I'll be marginal in terms of EQM, so I want to be sure I understand.
1) Forget whose ticket stock it is. That’s just a distraction, for this purpose.

2) On oneworld Flights, ignore the operating airline. Immaterial for this purpose.

3) It’s about the marketing airline - the airline coded for that flight - and the fare code assigned by the marketing airline. In your example, you ‘ll earn BA per the fare sold and the BA fare chart on aa.com - which may not be easy to determine. (But, perhaps you can get the specific fare codes from BA, if there’s a way, or AA Twitter?)