FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta: “All international widebodies” to have Premium Select by 2021
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:40 am
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ethernal
It's hard to say that this product is Domestic F - it would require significantly greater seat width to call it an F-equivalent. From a cost profile perspective, PS only costs 36% more plane square footage to Delta than a Y seat while an F seat costs Delta 85% more plane square footage. PS is equivalent to a 3-2 arrangement on a 3-3 narrowbody. If they've convinced you the two seats are equivalent, they've done a bang up marketing job.
Well, you're only talking about the A350 here. We don't know exactly what the width will be on the 777 or other a/c, and remember they are now using the domestic F 757 cabin for some TATL PS flights, and I would expect to see more of this. It's true that A350 PS width of 18.5"-19" is 1.5"-2" less width than domestic F, but I'm not sure if that is as "significant" as you claim (though I would certainly prefer 21"). Also remember that the A350 and other wide-body PS seats coming online will have a leg-rest which domestic F does not. In all other ways they are basically the same product.