FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:09 am
dsperling

Programs: DL FF, Marriott LT Plat., National EA
Originally Posted by teammoney
Only a few away from lifetime platinum. When I achieve this milestone, does anyone know if I'll get any type of email or notification? I didn't get anything back when I hit lifetime Silver and lifetime Gold. I was Platinum already for the years when I reached both of those lifetime milestones so the status on my account wouldn't have changed from Platinum down to Silver or Gold.

Tips for those who are reluctant: I've booked about 10 meetings in this process at various locations. In my opinion, requesting a contract is a waste of time (unless you're trying to get $50 meetings) because you could get screwed if the location doesn't know about rewarding events/how to post after your meetings. Just go on the Marriott website and do a search for locations that let you book without a quote. If you see locations that offer meetings for $150 (they exist) if you book an hour meeting it'll drop to your total to $75. Every meeting I've booked this way, the property has known about rewarding events and I've always received my points/nights towards elite status. 100%. All you have to do is confirm your Marriott Rewards # when they reach out to you about paperwork/event details. The only difference is some properties post immediately, others take up to 10 days. I've shown up for some meetings, and missed others. No difference, as others have said no one checks if you're actually using the room. Feel free to PM me if you can't find locations. Happy to help!
I concur with everything #teammoney said!... quote online, cut time down to one hour... and you should be golden!