FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:43 am
johnny5a

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Amygdala28
The following travel alert has just been issued internally for St Thomas' Hospital staff. This might be of interest of FT'ers attending tonights event:
"Between the 13 July and 14 July there will be a number of organised protests taking place in response to the UK visit by the President of the USA. As a result there will be significant road closures in central London and some disruption to normal travel arrangements.
13 July events
· Between 11:00-16:00 a march will take place between Portland Place and Parliament Square (via Regent Street, Haymarket and Whitehall).
· Between 14:00-19:00 there will be a second march between Portland Place and Trafalgar Square.
· Due to the large numbers expected for both events, local road closures are in operation and it is anticipated that public transport in the area may also be disrupted.
14 July events
· Between 13:00-19:00 protests and rallies will be taking place in Whitehall and Parliament Square. Road closures are not expected to be in operation although there may be some disruption to public transport. "
If possible I'll drop in tonight - my first do.
My advice if you're coming in by tube, would be Bakerloo Line to Lambeth North station and walk up, this will be approx. 6-8 min walk.
Turn right out of the exit, walk across the road past Costa's straight up, walk under the railway bridges and you'll see St Thomas's diagonally left between Park Plaza and a curved (posh student accommodation) building.

You can go to Waterloo station but I find (unless you're super familiar with the layout) you spend a lot of time trying to find the correct exit to get to St. Thomas'

Last edited by johnny5a; Jul 13, 2018 at 6:02 am