FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA and CLT / Charlotte Douglas Airport Expansion
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:57 pm
SOBE ER DOC

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Have you been to LGA lately? Or PHL? LOL

Have to say, even when crowded, CLT is one of the better AA hubs when connections are required.
Saying CLT is one of the better AA hubs is not really saying a lot. AA's hubs are worst of the legacy carriers, sans maybe DFW and MIA which are quite efficient and have decent amenities. CLT has become and absolute hot mess with the amount of traffic AA is cramming into that tiny airport. It's rare I am not waiting for a gate when pulling in and, as others have mentioned, taxi times out can be highly variable. As for the terminals themselves, it's to the point that I never even bother to try to use any of the concessions at CLT - too crowded. Even if they weren't crowded the options are kinda gross. Most eateries seem to serve variations of slop that is fried, slathered in BBQ sauce, carb heavy, or some combination of the three. Maybe one or two places are decent but in general the food is really low-brow. The AC is so outdated it's not even funny and I agree with everyone on here that they need one in the Port Authority terminal that is E and a larger option over near A/B.

At this point, much of what they are doing at CLT is lipstick on a pig.