FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Novotel London Canary Wharf : super top stay and a big rejuvenation to the Novotel br
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:38 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
That indeed seems like a hotel to avoid. That paint alone is not excusable. And I have checked rates there a few times and it is always quite expensive. Definitely one of the most expensive novotels I have ever seen.
This certainly not an hotel to avoid. I stayed again recently and had another good stay (even if not 100% perfect this time, but nothing major). I will do my best to post my review soon if I manage to find some time to do it. Of course, the issues wkndtraveler faced are not acceptable, especially when he should have been under extra scrutiny and care after a first disappointing stay. I have now stayed there 5 or 6 times and only had good experiences. I will return in September. Add the view and the restaurant and it makes a quite unique Novotel. And do not forget, when we review amenities or services like the lounge that it is a Novotel and not a Pullman or a Sofitel (despite it is way better than some Pullman). This being said, the lounge closing is a very bad news . Like wkndtraveler, I am not surprised because they do not advertise it at all. But this is a very stupid decision as it costs them virtually nothing if there are few people showing up. Indeed, it’s not in a separate room that could be used for other services, they don’t prepare fancy canapés and basically if there is no one in view, they just put the wine bottles back to storage until the day after and that’s it.