FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - They Did It Again -- TSA desecrated His Mom's Ashes
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:58 am
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Not only to post the defense but also to post comments. Most PV threads wait days for comments to be posted. I've always said it's amazing what TSA can do if it wants to.

ETA: Interesting to note that WaPo (and other media) reported on Monday afternoon that Francis has not responded to their request for further information on airport, flight, etc., yet by Tuesday they have reviewed the CCTV coverage and made a determination that nothing untoward happened.
And TSA's claim is that the cremains container was already open when the bag was opened for inspection. TSA goes on to say that the cremains container was wrapped in foil which caused the anomaly. So if the container was wrapped in foil how could they tell it was not fully sealed when the bag was first opened and how did the remains get scatter around the bag?

Lame, unsubstantiated excuses by TSA in my opinion. TSA has the video so post a short clip of the bag being opened and showing that the cremains container was truly open. Block out faces or other sensitive items if needed but not the timeline data. Surely TSA has the ability to do so. Otherwise I have a very hard time believing the accounting as presented by TSA on the TSA Blog.