FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury SUV reservation
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:14 pm
dwbf11
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
The key words are "or similar." There could be any reason - or no reason at all - why you were not offered a Lincoln Navigator at the LAX station on a Luxury SUV reservation that originated from another station. As @Yellowjj noted above, it could be because the manager wanted to keep the Navigator for local (LAX-LAX) rentals, it could be because a VIP had asked for it and it was being held for that person, or it could be because he didn't like the shirt you had on. The point is that you were offered two other choices (QX80 and Escalade) within your reserved class, and that is all that was required of the staff at both the SNA and LAX locations. There's no obligation for them to give you any particular vehicle. If reserving an exact car is important to you, you should try Hertz next time, which does offer a "guarantee this exact car" reservation.

And please don't tell me you typed this

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
I did assumed the manager provided incorrect information at the time which is why I went to the desk agent to possibly obtain the right information to include the "possible" upgrade fee if I were to take the Navigator with my Lux SUV reservation.
with a straight face - if the person in charge of a business tells you something, is it your usual practice to go to the lower level employee to get a different answer?