FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ (old) Business Seats vs. QR, CX - help me decide
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:57 am
clubeurope

Originally Posted by nanyang
I find it surprising that some folks here prefer QR vs. SQ. Just flew back from Europe on QR yesterday - technically they are just fine, but would generally prefer SQ (reliability, service, no need to walk around DOH).

On QR, I find the lack of privacy in the open dorm J cabin slightly annoying. Interesting to note, on the first sector J cabin was filled up with op upgrades (the person sitting next to me had silver status in some other oneworld programme). Meal options were quite good - although on both flights they were out of my first option & DOH-SIN they only had one meal service (breakfast).

DOH lounge (Al Mourjan) is good.
I actually find service to be superior in QR J, though I generally dislike walking through DOH.
In regards to meal options, you can do a Meal Choice 14 days prior to travel, to guarantee your choice. I find meals to be slightly better on SQ, but find QR's meals to be very agreeable. And in regards to one meal service, I hope you realise that they do a dine on demand service, so you're not actually limited to one meal, but can have more from the on demand menu.

I don't like QR's seats as much per se, though I find SQ's sleeping arrangement rather bit awkward, and have a preference for CX's seat instead.