FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - first class seats on RJ's
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2003, 10:19 am
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by remedy:
...none out of cmh, I guess, then. I think having a first class section would be a pretty good marketing idea in our area where commuter jets (and WN) are taking over - at least it would be for me. I will stick to NW with the Avro's and old DC 9's!</font>
You know, I've had the same thought and am surprised that this isn't more of a priority for them. It seems like it would be a great marketing advantage in that market.

I suspect they're focusing on the California, Tucson, ABQ markets because most of the new RJ flights are replacing larger aircraft that had F/C previously. I know I was certainly surprised (and irritated) to walk up to my flight at LAX to come back to PHX and find that little plane sitting out there -- without first class, no less. That's probably more of a competitive issue for HP since it's so close to home. Hopefully they'll expand the F/C availability if they begin to see that people are responding well to it. Imagine a fleet full of RJ's with F/C -- it seems to me that would fit well with their lower-cost, business-friendly strategy.