FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Avios QnA
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:27 am
kaka
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Iberia Avios QnA

I swear, IB Avios had never had so much attention because you'd just transfer out. Lets have a QnA session so at least half the threads in the future would be answered here.
I'll try to get this into a sticky...

Unable to make a desired Avios reservation
Q1.
Originally Posted by kaka
How to get these guys to get the jal legs.... its everywhere but on ib. They even had the balls to tell me a cx hkg tyo hkg itinerary is not available (it is online)

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I will be repeating this comment dozens of times over the next few months...

Iberia agents often don't know what they are doing and reply with "the flight is not available". HUACA as many times as you can bear before booking whatever you can manage online...
Q2.
Oneway Awards-
IB and BA metal only.

Q3.
Open Jaw Awards-
Call and hope you get an agent who knows what on earth is happening.

Q4.
Moving Avios to BAEC/AerClub regaring the 9000 Avios Promo
It's currently not possible since 3/Jul.

Cancellation Policy
Q5.
Originally Posted by mike turnbull
Hi one and all.
Could somebody please point me in the direction of where I can find easily the t's and c's of cancelling, changing etc., Iberia Avios awards ?
Thanks.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
It doesn't really exist. It is only mentioned during the booking process.

You pay 25 euros (or local equivalent) to change or cancel a reward on BA/IB (edit: i believe only within the first 24 hours). Everything else is non-refundable and non-changeable.
Q6. Can I upgrade a ticketed booking
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
This works but this is only available on BA/IB. It is not generalizable to other partner bookings.
Originally Posted by yb90
Just to confirm; I have found a reward flight for my bonus avios however at the moment availability is only in economy. The flights are BA metal only.

If I book this and a higher class becomes available can I change it and just pay the change fee (plus any additional avios obviously) like with BA or do IB have different terms?

Last edited by kaka; Jul 9, 2018 at 4:55 am