FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:12 am
GetawaysRus

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by swintec
I am also a hold out as of now. if they really sweeten the pot for me to upgrade to the new card i may consider it.
I'm holding off on upgrading my wife's card. We paid her annual fee a few months ago, so I see no risk to waiting.

A dilemma is that I upgraded my card to the new Premier Plus and we both have the Chase Marriott Business card and we've also got a bunch of AmEx SPG cards (2 business, 1 personal). If we keep everything, that's already a lot of 35K free night certificates and a lot of annual fees to pay. (That's 6 accounts, so nearly $600 in annual fees by my count - wow.) I don't mind the annual fees so much as long as I am able to make good use of the "free night." But the questions in my mind are:
1. Will we be able to use so many of these certificates?
2. How useful will the certificates be under the new hotel program, especially in 2019 when Marriott goes to their new standard versus peak pricing model? It won't do us any good if the hotel we want to redeem at goes from 35K points per night to 40K during the timeframe we want unless Marriott would allow us to kick in an additional 5000 points on top of the certificate (and I haven't seen any information to suggest that this will be possible. Has anyone seen that mentioned?)