FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Joon Joke
Thread: The Joon Joke
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:36 pm
PeteM01

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak

it seems that you are mixing different information source here. Your 3/21 comes obviously from the seat map and this a very unreliable indication on the actual bookings in W. The other figures you posted (W6 S6 A6) shows that there are only 6 seats bookable in PE, so this is rather indicating relatively solid bookings. Add to that Eco which seems to be well booked too : the numbers you post, in my experience, indicates an an almost full Y cabin (so overflow to W may happen). J cabin seems to be wide open.
The PE cabin on this Joon flight had only 9/21 seats occupied and at least 1 of the occupants was upgraded at the gate from Delta Economy+ - so I guess the 3/21 figure a couple of days out might actually have been indicative of the occupancy? J occupancy looked to be little over 50% but Y was full. No 'friends and family' upgrades in evidence!

I have to say that the cabin crew were excellent: young enought to be my children but efficient, courteous and sometimes entertaining. I had a Plat greeting and my request for a glass of red from the J cabin was honoured during the meal. There was also a complimentary glass of champagne or juice before take off, and complimentary wine with the main meal. The aperitif, as reported elsewhere, was BoB and I did not ask about a digestif, being already a little sozzled. There was no offer with coffee, so I am guessing the Poire Williams is not available (or would have to be purchased).

The new PE seats are a big improvement, with great legroom in the bulkhead rows. The recline was good enough for a few hours sleep but the intrusion of the reclined seat into the row behind may be an issue. The cushioning, though firm, was much better than the buttock-deadening 'shell' PE seat found elsewhere in AF. All-in-all, it was a good experience and I would be happy to take Joon PE on long-haul in the future.