FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance redemption between India & Uzbekistan
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:28 am
deovrat

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Star Alliance redemption between India & Uzbekistan

Hi all,

My primary Star Alliance program is Singapore Krisflyer.

Recent developments about Uzbekistan e-visa got me thinking of probable options from Mumbai (BOM) to Tashkent (TAS).

I turned to SQ Krisflyer chart and to my joy, discovered that India and Uzbekistan are categorized as same region for Star alliance awards. So a roundtrip costs 25000 miles in economy and 45000 miles in business class.

Turned out that there were a very few airlines who operate into Tashkent; and even fewer Star Alliance members. In fact only one, Turkish Airlines.

So as far as redemption on Star Alliance is concerned, the only routing is BOM-IST-TAS. And thats a huge detour. BOM-TAS is 1542 miles as the crow flies, while BOM-IST-TAS comes out to be 5090 miles.

So my question is - Will Singapore let me book that routing, given that they specifically mention the number of miles between India and Uzbekistan and this is the only star alliance routing?

Any and every response is appreciated.

Update: I actually called them up and asked them if they could do it, and the answer is yes. So just leaving this here as a data point if anyone finds this useful.

Last edited by deovrat; Jul 6, 2018 at 6:23 am Reason: Update