FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit Visa requirement at Auckland
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:53 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by KiwiJC

Not sure I agree with the last sentence there. i would consider it a key function of a Travel Agent to either know or find out visa requirements for a proposed itinerary, particularly if I was on a passport that doesn’t have visa free entry to a large number of countries.

Agree this isn’t the Airlines job, although in this case it sounds like AirNZ was pretty helpful and the OP has also been very proactive.

Side question though, knowing the transit arrangements in Auckland, assuming an airside transit is there actually any immigration facility to check that a passenger has a transit visa? I haven’t taken the transit lane, but I always thought it was just security and then straight back to airside departures?
If you expect a service, make certain that it is crystal clear. I doubt that a TA would undertake this service other than as part of a corporate contract.

OP's mother's situation is a case in point. Indian passport, Canadian LPR, traveling on a connection from Australia to Canada through a third country. If the TA does not have all of that information from the passenger, there is nothing the TA can do.

Me, I'd prefer to look it up in TIMATIC and then rest easy that I am not depending on what someone else says what a publicly available website makes available.

There certainly are high-end TA's which provide all manner of ancillary services. But, one has to make certain that the specific service is included.

Last edited by Often1; Jul 4, 2018 at 8:05 pm