FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX newbie questions
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:19 pm
NOLAnwGOLD

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So the KLM lounge has a smoking room. It's closed regularly every few hours for cleaning due to Dutch regulations. There's a few areas that have outside smoking areas I believe as well though you should just quit and save all the $$$ you waste and save it for your next international trip!

NEXT:
I assume you'll be able check everything through Huntsville (this post has make me learn two new airport codes!) so you shouldn't need to do anything besides pass through customs (again get Mobile Passport if you don't have Global Entry as it will save you time in line) and collect your bags. Right out side it you'll be able to re-check your bag, so no need to drag it back to the check-in area. If you don't have all your boarding passes, you can get them from the agent that takes your bag.

Yes, you'll have access to the SkyClub in T2 & 3 since you are arriving in on D1 and connecting.

With 6 hours, you also can head to be beach nearby (Venice, Hermosa, Manhattan or even Santa Monica) and have a nice meal/stroll and stretch your legs. Only the T2 club has showers (which never look busy, though I've never really tried to use them (I might around Xmas when I'm IAH-LAX-CDG-MAD, oddly being a connecting passenger in my hometown!).